Culturally diverse restaurants around Charleston

Mi+Casa+Tu+Casa+is+a+Mexican+restaurant+that+prepares+your+food+in+front+of+customers.+

Mi Casa Tu Casa is a Mexican restaurant that prepares your food in front of customers.

Adriana Hernandez-Santana, Feature Junior Editor

Eastern is a university within a smaller town than most, but there are still a variety of different types of restaurants to widen students’ meal options.

Mi Casa Tu Casa

Mi Casa Tu Casa, located at 211 Lincoln Ave. is like Charleston’s locally owned Chipole. 

Individuals can choose from either a burrito (tortilla filled with rice, beans and meat) or a bowl. 

Bowls can be filled with selections from chicken, steak and/or veggies. 

Mi Casa Tu Casa also offers quesadillas, tacos and tamales.

Casa Del Mar II

Casa Del Mar II, located at 1014 4th street, offers a wide variety of authentic Mexican food to anyone who comes by. 

Foods such as enchiladas (or tortillas filled with your choosing or beans, beef, chicken or cheese), arroz con marisco (grilled shrimp and scallops over a fresh plate of rice), or molcajete (grilled chicken, shrimp and vegetables). 

Los Potrillos

Los Potrillos, located at 1305 Lincoln Ave. is a Mexican style restaurant that offers a wide variety of choices to choose from. They have deals running constantly, so everyday is a good day to go in and get a meal. 

El Rancherito

El Rancherito, located at 819 W. Lincoln Ave. is a Mexican style restaurant where they serve tons of authentic Mexican food. Their in-dining sitting area is very bright and colorful, and every spot in the restaurant has a different art style to admire. 

Siam Thai

Siam Thai, located at 453 Lincoln Ave. is a Thai based restaurant that has food with a bit of a kick. 

Siam Thai serves foods like curry (a thick mixture with many died, blended spices), pho (a bowl of soup with rice noodles and your choice of meat), or pad thai (stir fried rice noodles).

Magic Wok

Magic Wok, located at 558 W Lincoln Ave, is known for their modern interpretation of classic Chinese dishes. 

The lunch special time block is between 11 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. 

During these hours, Magic Wok has Chicken Chow Mein (stir fried noodles with veggies), Moo Goo Gai Pan (chicken with mushrooms in oyster sauce), or pepper steak with onion available. 

All of these options come with a side of either chicken, pork or white rice. 

Magic Wok also offers an all day menu with foods like Egg Foo Young (Chinese omelet), Vegetable Chop Suey ( assorted veggies in a thick sauce), or hot and spicy beef ( shredded beef served with red and green peppers).

China Cafe

China Cafe, located at 716 Jackson Ave. offers authentic style chinese food. They have things like fried rice, crab rangoon and even egg drop soup. They also have great deals if you’re ordering for a larger group of guests. 

Q Q Buffet

Q Q Buffet, located at 2138 Woodfall Dr. is a chinese style buffet restaurant that offers lunch and dinner at great prices. If you’re looking for a filling meal with a small budget, this is the place to go for your next Chinese food fix. 

Kamikaze Hibachi and Sushi

One of the newest food additions to Charleston, which opened on Aug. 22, is Kamikaze Hibachi and Sushi. 

Located at 1140 Lincoln Ave., Kamikaze Hibachi and Sushi is the perfect place to have dinner and feel fancy at the same time, without the pricey paycheck. 

Offering different sushi rolls like the dragon roll (avocado and shrimp tempura), volcano roll (a deep fried roll) or the Philly roll (avocado and cream cheese), Kamikaze has a wide variety of choices.

Zesty Wings Chicken and Fish

Zesty Wings Chicken and Fish located at  1415 4th St. is a great place to go when you want some good chicken. They offer foods like pizza puffs, catfish dinners, and a 12, 24, or 36 pack of wings flavored to your choosing. 

Dirty’s Bar and Grill

Dirty’s Bar and Grill, located at 706 Lincoln Ave. is a bar and grill style restaurant that offers American style food. With meals like burgers, sandwiches, fish and chips, wraps and tacos, and more.

Windy City Pizza

Windy City Pizza, located at 1505 18th St. that offers thin crust, normal crust, and even deep dish pizza. They also serve wings, sandwiches, pasta, and a 7” cookie for those who are feeling really daring after a big meal.

McHugh’s

McHugh’s Double Drive-Thru is a drive through style burger place. They offer burgers, fish sandwiches, chili cheese fries, shakes and more. McHugh’s is a Coles County food chain type burger place with only drive-thrus in Mattoon and Charleston.

Adriana Hernandez-Santana can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected].