Eastern expected to name Vice President of Business Affairs later this month

Rob le Cates

A sign in front of an empty office left by former Vice President of Business Affairs Sean Reeder after leaving Eastern in late March to start as the Vice Chancellor for Administration at the University of Missouri-Kansas City.

Rob Le Cates, Editor-in-Chief

Eastern, which narrowed its sights on three possible candidates for Vice President of Business Affairs, is expected to make a decision later this month.

Here are the three candidates.

Shahroz Rooparvar

The first of the three candidates, Shahroz Rooparvar currently works at California Polytechnic State University as the Vice President of Administration and Finance, where he oversees facility operations.

He has a bachelor’s degree in business management with an emphasis in accounting from the University of Southern California and a Master of Business Administration from the University of La Verne. 

Roohparvar is pursuing a doctorate in higher education, projected to be finished in 2023.

He is a member of the advisory board for the National Association of College and University Business Officers and a member of the Chief Administrators and Business Officers Association. 

With more than 13 years of higher education job experience, he has held several leadership positions.

To view his resume click here.

Jared Hayman

The second candidate, Jared Hayman, is currently employed as the Vice-Chancellor for Finance at Indiana University.

He has a bachelor’s degree in science from Purdue Univerisity and a Master of Business Administration from Indiana State University. 

Hayman has worked in higher education for more than 17 years, gaining several leadership positions. 

To view his resume click here

Matt Bierman

The final candidate with more than 25 years of higher education experience, Matt Bierman, currently works as the vice president for business and finance at Illinois Wesleyan University.

He has a bachelor’s degree in information management: computer science and a Master of Business in Administration in finance and supply chain management from Western Illinois University as well as a master’s degree in student affairs administration in higher education from Ball State University.

Bierman is presently a member of multiple organizations.

• National Association of College and University Business Officers
  • EIIA Higher Education Benefits Trust Advisory Board
  • EIIA Advisory Council
  • Central Association of College and University Business Officers

To view his resume click here.

Rob Le Cates is a sophomore journalism major. He can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected]