Events at Eastern before finals week

Cam'ron Hardy, Campus Reporter

Between Monday through Friday Eastern will be hosting #EIUGoTime week.  

The event is described as a social media campaign meant to mobilize the “#FuturePanthers” future alumni, students, faculty and staff to encourage admitted students to choose Eastern.  

Students will have to share stories across social media platforms explaining why they chose Eastern, what they love about the campus, classes and experiences. 

A $500 scholarship will be awarded each day to a #FuturePanther or current student who participate and use the hashtag #EIUGoTime.  

The annual Administrative Professional Luncheon will be held Wednesday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the University Ballroom, located in the Martin Luther King Jr. University Union.  

To purchase tickets pay in person in the Union Campus Scheduling Office Room 2420 by Wednesday. Tickets are $12 per person.  

Prairie Edge Master Naturalist Kathryn Bulver will be hosting Wild About Wildflowers: Native Spring Ephemerals Wednesday from 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Douglas-Hart Nature Center in Mattoon. 

Attendees will learn about what is and what is not a spring ephemeral, where to look for them, and what is unique about them.  

Register by April 26 by calling 217-581-5114 or online through this link

The end of the year bowling night will take place Wednesday from 7 p.m. until 9 p.m. at the bowling lanes in the Union.  

Crafty cats night will be held in Thomas dining Thursday from 9 p.m. until 11 p.m.    

Friday is the last day of classes before finals next week.  

EIU Pride is presenting The Second Chance Prom Saturday from 7 p.m. until 10 p.m. in the University Ballroom in the Union.  

Pre-bought tickets cost $5 and tickets at the door will cost $10.  

Ticket Sale Dates and Locations:  

• – Monday in Stevo Lobby
  • – Wednesday in Coleman Hall 
  • – Friday in Doudna Fine Arts Center

The times for all dates are from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. 

Cam’ron Hardy can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected].