Vice President for Business Affairs leaving Eastern

Former Vice President of Business Affairs Sean Reeder left Eastern in late March to start as the Vice Chancellor for Administration at the University of Missouri-Kansas City. Reeder began working at Eastern in March 2020.

Corryn Brock, Editor-in-Chief

Vice President of Business Affairs Sean Reeder will leave Eastern on March 31 to start a new position as Vice Chancellor for Administration at the University of Missouri – Kansas City.

Reeder began working at Eastern in March 2020.

“I will be sad to leave Eastern. I’ve enjoyed working here we have a great team of people. We have a very dedicated group of faculty and staff and I think we provide outstanding service and education for our student body here. I’m sad to be leaving.”

Before coming to Eastern, Reeder served as the assistant vice president for office of capital programs and utility services for the University of Illinois system.

When Reeder began working at Eastern, University President David Glassman was quoted in a press release saying Reeder would be an asset to the university.

“Sean’s comprehensive experience in asset management, capital development and financial oversight in private industry and higher education will be of great benefit to Eastern Illinois University as we continue to plan for our brightest future,” Glassman said. “Sean appreciates and understands the critical role EIU plays in the region and to our state’s overall economic health.”

In an email to all Eastern employees Friday afternoon, Glassman said he wishes Reeder well in his future endeavor.

“Since joining our executive team in March 2020, Sean has helped guide the University through the global pandemic, supported a variety of critical funding and budgeting initiatives, and has worked to enhance EIU’s infrastructure by overseeing several campus development and renovation projects that will enrich our long-term strategic enrollment efforts.”

Eastern’s public information coordinator, Josh Reinhart, said no one has been selected for interim VPBA, but one is likely to be selected soon.

Corryn Brock can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected].