Swimming teams drop weekend meets at Indiana State

Eastern+sophomore+Abbie+Wydra+competes+in+the+100+yard+backstroke+against+Ball+State+on+Oct.+29+at+Padovan+Pool.+Wydra+finished+with+a+time+of+1%3A05.03.+The+women%E2%80%99s+swim+team+lost+174-84.+

Rob Le Cates | The Daily Eastern News

Eastern sophomore Abbie Wydra competes in the 100 yard backstroke against Ball State on Oct. 29 at Padovan Pool. Wydra finished with a time of 1:05.03. The women’s swim team lost 174-84.

Adam Tumino, Sports Editor

The Eastern men’s and women’s swimming teams competed in their last meets of the calendar year Saturday, with the men losing to Bellarmine and the women losing to Bellarmine and Indiana State. 

The men’s team had four first place finishes in their meet, with the first coming in the 200 yard relay that opened the meet.

The team of Forrest Baumgartner, Collin Feliciano, Jacob Nichols and Dismas Dillon posted a time of 1:35.58 to win the relay. 

The Panthers also closed the meet with a relay win, with the team of Spencer Wilson, Payton Buse, Dillon and Connor Colston winning the 400 yard freestyle relay with a time of 3:15.04. 

Buse earned a first-place finish in the 100 yard freestyle with a time of 48.59. 

Dillon also got an individual first-place finish, winning the 50 yard freestyle  with a time of 21.29. 

The women’s team did not have any first place finishes, but did have a trio of runner up performances. 

Corrine Staneart placed in the 100 yard freestyle with a time of 1:01.47. 

Emma Ballantyne got her second-place finish by posting a time of 2:18.35 in the 200 yard individual medley. 

The team of Maddie Pittman, Autumn Grinter, Kaylan Ottosen Cameryn Lewis placed second in the 400 yard freestyle relay with a time of 3:45.04. 

Both teams will be off until Jan. 15 when they both host IUPUI. 

Adam Tumino can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].