Book signing at Charleston library Sunday

Luke Taylor, News Editor

The Past-Forward Memoir Writers, a community-based writing group, have released their third book, “For the Record,” and will be reading segments and signing copies Sunday afternoon in the Charleston Carnegie Public Library.

Twenty-nine separate authors contributed to the book, which is a collection of stories and reflections on experiences from those authors’ personal lives, according to a press release about book signing.

Authors Naomi Hills and John Crouch will perform music to accompany some parts of the reading during the stage presentation which is titled “In Their Own Words.”

The presentation will not only focus on this book, but will reflect on the previous memoirs, books and shows developed by the Past-Forward Memoir Writers.

Richard England, the dean of Eastern’s Honors College, and his wife Charlotte England, a professor of English, both contributed to the book.

The other authors are Phyllis Bayles, Margie Checkley, Bob Clapp, Shelley Crouch, Lois Dickenson, Hannah Eads, Roxanne Frey, Marty Gabriel, Jane Gilbert, June Hayden, Bill Heyduck, Maddie Ignazito, Donna Karbassioon, Rayma Laughlin, Stacy Lynn, Amy Lynch, Kelly Nicholson, Daiva Markelis, Janet Messenger, Marita Metzke, Johnni Olds, Julie Rea, Denise Shumaker, Luz Whittenbarger, Jacqui Worden and Yoana Yordanova.

The program itself is scheduled for 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. on the Nov. 7 in the library and will be followed by a reception.

The event is free, but the library asks that attendees register for the event by calling 217-581-5114 to keep attendance down due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and attendees will be expected to follow current safety guidelines.

Attendees will be able to purchase a copy of the book and have it signed during the reception.

The Past-Forward Memoir Writers meet twice every month. Most members of the group are from towns around Coles County.

The event is also in partnership with Eastern’s Academy of Lifelong Learning.

Luke Taylor can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].