Campus closed for fall break

Ryan Meyer, Multimedia Reporter

Friday’s classes are canceled as this weekend is Eastern’s Fall Break, and there are going to be some changes in the hours of operation for some of the university’s dining halls and other facilities.

According to Mark Hudson, the executive director of Housing and Dining, the University Food Court in the Martin Luther King Jr. Student Union closes at 6 p.m. on Thursday and 2 p.m. on Friday. The food court will not be open for Saturday or Sunday, and Java Beanery and Bakery will be closed Friday through Sunday.

The Stevenson Grill, Stevenson Tower Deli and Taylor Dining Hall will all be closed Friday through Sunday, and their services will be consolidated to Thomas Dining.

As usual, there will be no late night pizza on the weekend, but it will also not be offered on Thursday night.

The Student Recreation Center has altered its hours this weekend as well, closing at 5 p.m. on Friday, but opening at its normal time of 6 a.m. On Saturday, the Recreation Center is closed all day, but it will return to its normal hours of noon to 10 p.m. on Sunday.

The Ray Padovan Pool will be closed Friday through Sunday.

Booth Library will be open during its normal weekend hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and noon to midnight on Sunday.

Ryan Meyer can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].