Miller calls for Biden impeachment due to ‘erratic’ conduct

House+Minority+Leader+Rep.+Kevin+McCarthy%2C+Illinois+State+Rep.+Chris+Miller+and+U.S.+Rep.+Mary+Miller+pose+for+a+photo+to+commemorate+Mary+Miller+being+sworn+in+as+a+freshman+Congresswoman.+

Unknown

House Minority Leader Rep. Kevin McCarthy, Illinois State Rep. Chris Miller and U.S. Rep. Mary Miller pose for a photo to commemorate Mary Miller being sworn in as a freshman Congresswoman.

Luke Taylor, News Editor

U.S. Congresswoman Mary Miller, the Republican representing Illinois District 15, has issued a statement calling for President Joe Biden to be impeached.

Miller said she is making these calls because the withdrawal of the American military from Afghanistan which Biden authorized was “poorly planned.”

She also referenced Biden’s immigration policies, attitude during presidency and decision to visit Delaware and Camp David in recent weeks as reasons for impeachment.

“Throughout this crisis, President Biden’s conduct and behavior has been erratic,” Miller said. “As Afghanistan fell to the Taliban and it became clear Americans were in harm’s way, President Biden went on vacation, first to Delaware, then to Camp David, where he disappeared as Kabul fell.”

Miller said that these reasons hold more weight than the reasons for which President Donald Trump was impeached in 2019 and 2021.

“The Democrat Party used this power for political purposes, impeaching President Trump over a phone call to the President of Ukraine that they never heard but concluded was an impeachable offense,” Miller said. “It is far more appropriate for Congress to use the impeachment power when it is clear that a President’s actions are a risk to the lives and safety of US service members and Americans at home.”

Other Republicans, including U.S. Congressman Ronny Jackson (TX-13), U.S. Congressman Greg Steube (FL-17), and U.S. Congressman Byron Donalds (FL-19), have also called for President Biden to resign or be impeached.

U.S. Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene (GA-14) submitted a resolution to impeach the president on January 21, 2021, citing “abuse of power by enabling bribery and other high crimes and misdemeanors” as reasons for impeachment.

Specifically, the resolution referred to alleged crimes committed during Biden’s vice presidency involving his son, Hunter Biden.

The more recent claims have not been written into any legal proceedings as of yet, but Miller said she feels that Biden’s actions are becoming a risk to the lives and safety of American citizens.

“Speaker Pelosi and Chairman Adam Schiff were zealous in their pursuit of impeachment over a phone call,” Miller said. “I can only hope they would give equal weight to the lives of our servicemen and the American citizens they are sworn to protect.”

In the early days of Miller’s term as Congresswoman, she opposed the idea of impeaching President Trump because the U.S. needed “unity and healing.”

In a statement released before Trump’s second impeachment, Miller said, “Each passing day spent on these articles is an opportunity lost to working on the priorities of our American families.

Miller has been the center of many controversies during her time in office, one being her quoting Adolf Hitler in a speech that led to many calling for her to be removed from Congress.

Luke Taylor can be reached at 581- 2812 or at [email protected].