FYI: Summer hours for administration, activities

Elizabeth Wood

Tadiwanashe Mhinga, a business analytical major, works on his laptop at the Center for Student Innovation desk in Booth Library Monday afternoon. The CSI desk will be open Monday through Friday from 10am to 5pm.

Luke Taylor, Editor-in-Chief

Need to know when you can exercise or eat on campus?

Offices and buildings at Eastern have adjusted their hours to a summer schedule.

All business offices will be open 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Fridays. This schedule will continue until August 11.

The exceptions to the early closures on Fridays will be the president’s office, the university police department and the admissions office, which will stay open until 4:30 p.m. on Fridays.

The financial aid office will be open 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Booth Library will be open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays, and will be closed on Saturdays and Sundays. Starting June 13, the library will also be open from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Sundays.

The MLK Jr. University Union Food Court will open June 1 from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday.

EIU Lane’s, Eastern’s bowling alley, will also open June 1.

Java B&B and the Panther Pantry are both closed for the summer.

The print and copy center is open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.

The EIU branch of U.S. Bank, located in the MLK Jr. University Union, is open from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Fridays.

The EIU Bookstore will be open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Fridays.

Campus Recreation will be open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. The facilities will be closed July 5 and August 2-9.

Eastern’s residence halls and dining halls will be closed this summer, except for summer residents and camp attendees.