Student Gov. holds last meeting of semester

Theo Edwards, Student Government Reporter

The last Student Government meeting of the semester was an unofficial meeting due to not enough senators being present for quorum. This led to the appointments of several students to the Bylaws Review Committee and Student Dean Advisory Council not being voted on.

Student Body President Noor Ul-Haash Khamisani’s executive report included information about Speaker of the Senate elections and Senate elections.

They will both be held in the Spring 2021 semester, with Senate elections specifically the first week of the spring semester.

If people plan on returning to the election or joining, they are asked to contact Khamisani for more information.

Khamisani is also currently planning spring events for Sexual Assault Awareness week that will be in April and Mental Health Awareness Week in early March, as well as a Kindness Wall that will be displayed in February.

Student Body Executive Vice President Michael Perri’s announced is contacting the Charleston City Council for representation of Eastern on the Charleston City Council, as well as preparing for the Board of Trustees meeting in January.

Student Vice President of Academic Affairs Richards announced Dining with the Deans that will be Friday at 11 a.m. via zoom where college deans, student deans and executive board members were invited and will be in attendance.

COVID-19 care packages were assembled by Richard and Student Vice President of Student Affairs Skylar Coffey for a total of 48 packages and all leftover packages will be delivered until gone by Panther Catering.

Coffey included in her report a meeting that will be held this Friday with Shawn Hammers to discuss Pantherpalooza, a semesterly recruitment event for registered student organizations.

A survey was sent out to all RSO’s on how they would prefer Pantherpalooza to be conducted and what times, with 54 responses so far.

The Academic Affairs report included mention of contacting all department chairs to see about department appreciation events, talks with the student success center about virtual study groups, and working on a D2L survey for students.

Diversity Affairs is postponing events with no immediate upcoming events and will be working on more for next semester.

University Enhancement will be pushing everything to next semester including more lights around campus and the UPD Safety Video mentioned in previous meetings.

The Student Affairs report included a COVID-19 resolution update of being drafted and prepared for consideration next semester, along with student safety informationals and videos being drafted and looking for potential narrators.

Theo Edwards can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected].