Special hours in effect over summer

Zoë Donovan, Staff Reporter

Many popular and important resources on Eastern’s campus have special hours over the summer.

Hours for these services and resources change in the summer months because of reduced student traffic.

Only the University Court Apartments are available for students who are completing summer courses at Eastern; residence halls are not available for student housing at this time, according to Eastern’s website.

For students looking to catch up on studying, the Booth Library hours have different hours from the typical Fall and Spring semesters.

Booth Library summer hours will be as follows: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays.

Booth Library will be closed each Sunday in May, but it will reopen during the 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. hours on Sundays in June.

An updated schedule for July through December will be available on the Booth Library calendar on June 1. Booth Library doors are locked 15 minutes prior to closing.

Textbook rental, located in the Louis M. Grado Building, will be available Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and from 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Fridays, according to Eastern’s website.

Mark Hudson, director of university housing and dining services, said the new hours of operation for the University Food Court will be from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday.

The Java Beanery and Bakery will be closed for the Summer.

In addition to changes in dining schedules, the Bookstore as well as EIU Lanes, both located in the Union, will also see a change in hours.

The bookstore will be available from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Fridays, according to its website.

The bookstore will have a regular tech repair worker with the Tech Zone, located within the bookstore.

Tech Zone services will be available Monday through Thursday afternoons.

The EIU Lanes reopen May 20. From May 20 to Aug. 14, the EIU Lanes will be open from noon until 4 p.m. Monday through Thursdays and from 8 a.m. to noon on Fridays, according to Eastern’s website.

Most offices on campus will be open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to noon on Fridays.

Zoë Donovan can be reached at 581–2812 or at [email protected].