Got (the right way to drink) milk?

Natalee Reynolds, Columnist

The other evening, I was having a conversation with some of my friends regarding milk.

I used to think that there was only one proper way to drink milk: taking it out from the fridge and drinking it.

After this absurd conversation, my philosophy proved right to me.

It has come to my attention that some people, however, are complete ninnyhammers when it comes to drinking milk. Here’s some of the problems I have come across.

1. Putting ice in your milk. 

Milk is already cold, so what does ice do to it besides make your milk watered-down? I mean, “who doesn’t love watered-down milk, am I right?” —said no one ever.

2. Warming up your milk. 

I’m not sure who came up with the idea of essentially re-heating up a glass of milk after it has been initially produced, but the act of warming it up in the microwave it is a disgrace to milk. Milk was meant to be produced (either from a cow or from almonds, soy, etc) and then refrigerated and cold.

3. Switching between different types of milk.

I’m talking about the people who switch between whole milk, two percent, skim, etc. I would just like to know two things: how and why? I guess everyone has their own preferences, but I would like to think that their lives would be so much better if they picked one kind of milk and stuck to it.

I don’t think that I will ever fully understand why or how people do these things to their milk.

Milk should simply be taken from the fridge, poured into a glass, and sipped.

There is no other way of drinking milk that’s better than just drinking it straight from the fridge, with nothing added to it. No ice, no microwaving, no switching between types.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Natalee Reynolds is a sophomore English and creative writing major. She can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected].