The 7 nostalgic things we need to come back

Jackson Bayer, Columnist

In case you’ve been living under a rock these past couple of weeks, allow me to give you some news that will (possibly) get you excited: The Jonas Brothers are back. On Friday, they released “Sucker,” their first single in years, along with a music video, featuring each brother’s significant other. Social media was set ablaze. A collective scream of joy could be heard coming from every girl and woman aged 15 to 25. Suddenly, I felt as if I had been transported back to 2008 (or to the year 3000, if you know what I mean).

Since the Jonas Brothers are back, I decided to compile a list of some things from my childhood I want to see come back as well.

1. The And1 Mixtape Tour. Real ones remember. At its peak, you could argue that And1 was bigger than the NBA. Watching Hot Sauce and The Professor always finding new and creative ways to make defenders look dumb was a staple of every basketball fan’s childhood in the early 2000s (Skip to my Lou was before my time) and I would be absolutely pumped if the And1 tour, and streetball as a whole, made a return to the spotlight.

2. “TRL.” I know, I know, technically, “TRL” came back a year or two ago, but it’s just not the same as it once was. Even if you never watched your favorite artist on the show, or watched someone become your favorite artist on the show, you remember “TRL” from “Drake and Josh Go Hollywood,” when Drake’s band performed on the show.

3. “Kenan and Kel.” Speaking of “Drake and Josh,” we need a revival of its older and (in my opinion) superior cousin. “Kenan and Kel,” while it had already concluded its run before I got into it as a child, was funny, original and addressed real-life issues in ways that children’s shows rarely do anymore. Now that Kenan Thompson and Kel Mitchell are both grown and still acting, whenever Kenan decides to move on from SNL, a revival of this classic show would make too much sense. Just make sure to keep the original Coolio theme song.

4. “The Naked Brothers Band.” With Disney’s premiere sibling rock band of the 2000s making its return, it only makes sense that Nat and Alex Wolff revive “The Naked Brothers Band.” Your move, Nickelodeon.

5. Waffle Crisp. My favorite childhood cereal. How could you not want to eat cereal that tastes like waffles drowning in sugary syrup? The people need it back.

6. “Adventure Time.” Alright, I was already a teenager when this show began, and it only ended last year, but it’s my favorite show and I just want it back because I’m not okay.

7. Jesus. Y’all ready for the rapture?

Jackson Bayer is a senior creative writing major. He can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected].