Residence Halls to host super bowl viewings

BreAnna Celestin, Contributing Writer

With Super Bowl Sunday approaching, several events will be available for students who live on campus, including a Super Bowl-themed meal at Thomas Hall Dining on Feb. 3 at 5 p.m.

Mark Hudson, the director of housing and dining services, said this event gives on-campus residents a chance to meet new people.

“(The party) gives them a different rhythm to their dining life,” Hudson said.

The Super Bowl parties have been going on for at least eight years, Hudson said, and they are very popular. The game plays on the TV screens while food is being served.

Hudson said they have special events throughout the year to change things up for students who regularly eat on campus.

For special events, there is no extra charge past the regular meal swipe diners would usually use to eat, he said.

Chris Wojtysiak, the unit director for Thomas Dining, said that a wide variety of food will be served for the event.

Barbeque meatballs, chips and cheese and pretzel bites are some of the appetizers that will be served, he said, and pizza, wings and garlic bread will be at the party as well.

The food will be offered until the game is finished.

Chris Dixon, the president of the Resident Hall Association, said Super Bowl parties are going to be held in Taylor Hall, Andrews Hall, Douglas Hall and Stevenson Hall.

“Having events in the residence halls gives a sense of community to all residents,” he said.

BreAnna Celestin can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected].