Spring Pantherpalooza set for Wednesday

Austen Brown, Staff Reporter

Student Government will host Pantherpalooza on Wednesday in the Grand Ballroom and Union Ballroom at the Martin Luther King Jr. University Union.

Pantherpalooza, which is open to all Eastern students, will start at 2 p.m. and end at 5 p.m. The event provides opportunities for students to get involved with registered student organizations and other activities on campus.

Eastern’s website describes Pantherpalooza as a “campus tradition” for students to “explore your interests, make new friends, build your resume and develop your leadership skills,” which are all integral to a fulfilling college career.

Alicia Matusiak, a senior business management major, said there will be academic organizations at spring Pantherpalooza that fit into majors.

“(Going to Pantherpalooza) is a great way to get out of your dorm or out of your residence hall and get to see so many organizations in one place,” she said. “And normally each table has 3-4 people, so you get more perspective on what that organization does.”

Regarding the different RSOs showcased at Pantherpalooza, Matusiak said students can initiate important conversations with club members.

“I think (Pantherpalooza) is a really great opportunity to get to talk with the leadership (of the clubs),” she said.

One organization registered for the event is Student Government, which is made up of three branches: executive, legislative and judicial.

Student Government, according to Eastern’s website, strives to “promote diversity, leadership, service and integrity” among its members.

Students can apply for student Government if they meet the requirements specified for their desired position, Matusiak said.

The Professional Psychology Club will also be at Pantherpalooza. The RSO values the importance of being able to implement psychology in students’ colleges, careers and communities, according to Eastern’s website.

“Members (of the Professional Psychology Club) will be provided the opportunity to volunteer their efforts for the good of the group and the psychology community,” according to the RSO’s description. 

Student Government and Professional Psychology Club are just two of over 200 registered student organizations.

Other RSOs include Chess Club, History Club and Astronomy Club, as well as fraternities and sororities.

For questions regarding spring Pantherpalooza, Matusiak said students can contact her at [email protected].

Austen Brown can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected].