RHA to spring into summer with last event of semester

Brooke Schwartz, Administration Reporter

The Residence Hall Association is hosting its last big campus activity, called “Spring Event,” from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday in the South Quad.

The idea for the event was based off the setup of the Olympics, said Allorah Miles-L’Hote, a junior graphic design major and RHA vice-president.

The events are broken up by bracketed time slots, with the activities being sponsored by different halls around campus.

Students will be split up in teams and will compete in activities such as a water balloon toss, cup stacking, giant Banangrams and more.

Miles-L’Hote said the event is a good way for the campus to celebrate the year together before finals week and the start of summer approaches.

“(The event) is just kind of to wind down at the end of the semester, just to get everyone excited for summer and just relax for finals,” she said.

Spring Event happens every year, but Miles-L’Hote said this year the RHA tried to get more halls involved with the activities to create a more unified campus.

“Every year (RHA) hosts the Spring Event, and every year it’s been very consistent of just getting inflatables, doing Bingo, providing food, but this year we really wanted to harness the idea that the halls are helping put on this event and that RHA is representing campus as a whole,” Miles-L’Hote said. “It gives some autotomy to the halls that are putting on their events.”

She said the idea of uniting different halls is one that has persisted through all RHA events this past year, such as ROC fest and Social Justice and Diversity week.

Prizes will be handed out to winning teams after the different events.

Brooke Schwartz can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected]