Spring forward, take advantage of weather

Andrew Paisley, Campus Reporter

As spring arrives, I am reminded of the beauty of the Earth and the smells of nature. Finally, we can say goodbye to seasonal depression and look forward to six months or so of being outside in nice weather.

Although the past few days have been dreary outside, I know that will soon fade away and we will actually be able to sit outside and do activities with friends, rather than be confined to our dorm rooms.

I like spring because it is the start of the warmer weather. I think one of my favorite things about it is the fact that it is not too hot outside but not cold either. It is just perfect.

And who could not appreciate the beautiful flowers that bloom during this time of year? Their presence outside gives people the glorious sense of beauty on Earth.

I like to spend time outside during this time of year, even if it consists of simply sitting out and chatting with friends. Let’s face it, you can never have too much sunlight.

I feel so much better about myself and I have a feeling of hope when I sit outside during the nice weather. No matter how bad my life may be at the moment or just my day, the weather and the mood outside always distracts me from those feelings and I just feel a tad bit happier.

Although this time of year brings stress and pressure to each and every student as we are near the end of the semester and finals are going to be coming up, I encourage every one to take a chance each day or even each week to sit outside and enjoy the weather. I guarantee that you will feel somewhat better, and it will definitely improve your mood.

Maybe, instead of sitting inside doing your homework, go outside and find a nice picnic table or chair where you can sit and do your homework.

You can even take a nice stroll around campus and not only get some exercise, but you will feel so much better.

It is this season that really shows me what a beautiful planet we live on. Unfortunately, not everyone takes the opportunity to enjoy the beauty of this planet and the weather we have, but I always take the opportunity to do so and it makes me appreciate life just a little bit more.

No matter how cloudy your mood may be or how down in the dumps you may be, it never hurts to go outside and really take a deep breath and soak up the beauty of nature. I can assure you that you will feel so much happier and more care-free.

Andrew Paisley is a junior journalism major. He can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected].