Hummus is an underrated snack

Kennedy Nolen, Columnist

Guns are a hot topic right now, and if you’re like me, you lean a certain way…. *cough*… stricter gun control, please, for the love of all that’s good and holy *sneeze.*

I am here to consider a lighter issue today, on something that gets swept under the rug way too frequently: hummus.

This delightful, delectable and delicious dip consisting of crushed chickpeas and other lovely ingredients is looked over in college students’ diets.

I think it’s the answer to getting a 4.0 GPA. How do you think I got a 103 on my last chemistry exam and a decent A on my Communication Law exam? I ate hummus for a week straight before both.

It’s the trick of all tricks, and I think it can help each and every one of us out. It comes in billions of flavors. If you’re boring and have no taste buds, get the plain kind. If you’re in a fiery mood, get the supremely spicy.

Spread that stuff on celery. Slap that syrup on some pita bread. Dunk a crispy, fat tortilla chip into that Jesus juice.

I promise, your life will change forever. It’s the best snack anyone could ever wish for. I have never heard of a garbanzo bean allergy, but if you happen to be allergic to such, please do not consume. I’m not trying to get sued.

Once you bite into this Middle Eastern delicacy, your brain will start to absorb each and every nutrient from the Vitamin B to the iron to the protein.

Your brain cells will throw a fiesta when you eat this chickpea infusion. Your grades will go through the roof.

When you’re feeling bored, go to the store and grab a little container or 12 of vegetable hummus or even roasted garlic hummus if you don’t plan on making out with anyone after.

If you do, eat a mint.

Kennedy Nolen is a senior journalism major. She can be reached at [email protected] or 581-2812