Homecoming Committee to GLO wild about bowling

Chrissy Miller, News Editor

Special effects lighting, music and special contests with prizes will all combine with a night of bowling at the Let’s GLO Wild bowling activity from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday at the Martin Luther King Jr. University Union Bowling Lanes.

This Homecoming Week activity is hosted by members of the Homecoming Committee and is intended to evoke a club atmosphere.

Caroline Chrzanowska, Let’s GLO wild bowling co-chair, said she is excited about many aspects of the bowling night.

“It’s going to be a cosmic bowl with a live DJ and tons of appetizers, so that’s kind of

different,” Chrzanowska said. “With prizes and giveaways again, it’s going to be a good time.”

Chrzanowska said she aimed have the bowling night food be special in that it is different from what is typically served.

“Usually, at most of our school events we either see pizza or popcorn or things like that,” Chrzanowska said. “So we decided to make it with hot and cold appetizers.”

She said the appetizers will range from popcorn chicken to little sandwiches along with a variety of sweet and salty snacks.

“We’re also doing an incentive where when people come in they will receive a raffle ticket and that’s how you could win prizes,” Chrzanowska said. “Since our event is from 7 to 9 we have a grand prize at the very end. So that’s kind of a way for people to come and try to win something pretty cool.”

Chrzanowska said Homecoming activities bring Eastern and the Charleston community together and she is happy to be a part of it.

“It gets the students and faculty together, having a good time,” Chrzanowska said. “It is a kind of like a de-stress from the week, going to these events, having a good time.”

Emonie Jordan, Let’s GLO wild bowling co-chair, said seeing everything come together was one of her favorite parts of helping to organize Homecoming activities.

Jordan said it was encouraging “seeing all our stuff coming in that we ordered and seeing them making our stuff that we want to do and actually just putting everything together.”

Jordan said it feels like all her hard work has finally paid off.

“It’s been a long couple of weeks,” Jordan said. “We’ve been at this since August basically and I’m not glad it’s over, but I’m glad it’s over.”

She said without the community coming together with Homecoming, things would go down the drain quickly.

“Homecoming is just one of those things where everybody just comes together, just has fun and just celebrates their school,” Jordan said.

Chrissy Miller 581-2812 or [email protected]