Greek Court to host Halloween festivities

Lydia Shaw, Contributing Writer

Community children will be able to find a variety of Halloween festivities around Eastern’s campus Monday.

The first “Greek and Treats” festival will be from 5 to 7p.m. Monday in Greek Court.

The Panhellenic chapters, half of the National Pan-Hellenic Council and half of the Interfraternity Council are hosting the festival.

They will provide a variety of games consisting of Bozo buckets, a lollipop ring toss and crazy hair. Coordinator Maddie Smart, associate resident director for Greek Court, said she hopes there is a big turnout this year.

“This event has happened in the past, but this is the first time the Greeks will include a carnival based theme,” she said. “If this event is successful, we will definitely like to see it in the future.”

The residence halls are celebrating Halloween as well, with arts and crafts from 5 to 8:30 p.m. in the lobby of Stevenson Hall.

From 6 to 8 p.m. in Thomas Hall, there will be competitive pumpkin painting, and from 5 to 8 p.m. in Andrews Hall, there will be games of Bozo buckets and “make your own” Blow Pop ghosts in the lobby.

Admission is free to all of the events. Donations for the Paradise Equestrian Therapy Center will be accepted at Stevenson Hall.

Lydia Shaw can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].