Halloween is about having fun

Luis Martinez, Entertainment Editor

The last week of October is here which can only mean one thing; it’s almost time for Halloween.

Halloween now is almost similar to how it was back then, except for going trick-or-treating, people dress up and go from party to party.

It’s almost funny how Halloween has come full circle for college students.

Everyone remembers when they were kids in grade school, they would dress up as their favorite Disney princess or superhero and go out trick-or-treating with their family and friends and getting a ton of candy from random strangers.

In high school, Halloween kind of just faded out.

Nobody got together to dress up and go out and have fun.

Sometimes you would have those people who would get together and hang out or watch movies, but that was pretty much Halloween for the four years in high school.

To me, it was pretty sad because Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year.

Not because of the candy or all of the parties, but for the scares.

I would not mind spending Halloween with a few close friends and just have a marathon of horrors for a bit, and then go out and have some fun.

Halloween now is less about the candy and more about costume parties and just acting goofy and scary with your friends.

When I first went off to college, I was pretty surprised to find so many people willing to dress up and go out in costume to party, and I thought it was about the coolest thing ever.

Last year, my friends and I all had this brilliant idea to dress up as the members of The Avengers for Halloween here at Eastern.

I dressed up as Iron Man, and my friends were Thor, Captain America, Spider-Man, and Wolverine. We ran through out South Quad shouting “Avengers Assemble” and just chasing all sorts of trouble.

We went out to go to one of the parties on 7th street and I will admit it was not one of my finest nights.

I still had fun with my friends because it was the first time my friends and I came up with a plan to dress up together and go out on Halloween.

Halloween should be a fun time of the year because it is the one night of the year where everyone can dress up and be someone else.

The best part of Halloween is not just getting together in costume and going out, but it’s also about the scares and having fun.

This is why Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year.

Luis Martinez is a senior journalism major. He can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected]