Doudna to bring in “The Thirteen” choir

Luis Martinez, Entertainment Editor

The Doudna Fine Arts Center will be featuring the members of “The Thirteen” Choir as part of their New and Emerging Artists Series.

The concert will take place Monday at 7:30 p.m. in the Recital Hall.

The title of the group’s performance on Monday is “Innovation and Brilliance: Sound-Sculptures from the Franco-Flemish School.”

The group was founded back in 2012, within the past few years, the group has gained a reputation for their “exceptionalism;” since their formation, they have managed to gain a steady following because of their live performances.

The group is made of 13 professional musicians, who all specialize in both Renaissance and Baroque masterpieces.

“The Thirteen” are also credited with giving historically accurate and informative performances.

The choir is described as having excellent discipline and having beautiful vocal abilities. While they do focus some of their pieces from the Renaissance and Baroque periods, the group does perform pieces from the present day, according to the concert press release.

The group does tours through the United States frequently and even while the group performs these tours, they are still committed to both educating and inspiring the next generation of musicians.

“The Thirteen” also coaches young musicians at both the high school and collegiate levels and they have even presented at different conferences through the country.

The choir ensemble is known for programming works infrequently performed by American Choirs and the World and North American premieres of music both new and old.

The tickets for the choir performance are $15 for general admission, $12 for seniors and $7 for students.

Luis Martinez can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected]