RSOs to showcase themselves to student community

Ana Nededog, Staff Reporter

Eastern will be hosting Pantherpalooza, an annual fair for Registered Student Organizations at 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the South Quad.

The event is an Eastern tradition showcasing over 200 student-run organizations that range from Greek, social, multicultural, academic and even athletic.

This event gives participants the chance to showcase their organization to the student community and gain new members.

Courtney Sage, the student vice president for student affairs, said student government has been putting this event on for years.

“The purpose of Pantherpalooza is to provide students with the opportunity to see the different RSOs EIU has to offer,” Sage said.

Sage said over 90 organizations usually sign up for the event and each group would have their own designated table in the South Quad.

Monica Burney, the vice president of the Asian-American Association, said she was astounded by the number of RSOs Eastern has.

“It’s amazing the amount of organizations that a small school like Eastern offers,” Burney said. “It’s rare to see campus that alive.”

Sage said the event is a great tool for student RSO recruitment and students are not always going to go out and look for different organizations.

“The college life can be very intimidating. By hosting this event, we are able to help freshmen and all students see the organizations they can be involved in,” Sage said.

With this event, students can easily get information and join clubs or groups they are interested in, as each organization is given a table for the fair.

The event is held once each semester, and the second will be held in the spring semester.

“I just want to remind students to get involved,” Sage said. “EIU offers so many different types of organizations that everyone can find something that interests them.”

Ana Nededog can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].