Booth celebrates National Library Week

Stephanie White, Entertainment Editor

In honor of National Library Week, Booth Library will host events to celebrating the week with the theme “Unlimited Possibilities at Your Library.”

The week began Sunday and will continue to Saturday.

Beth Heldebrandt, dean of Library Services, said the library will partner up with Eastern’s chapter of the Amateur Astronomers Association to sponsor an astronomy night at 8 p.m. Monday on the south end of Booth Library.

“Since the theme is unlimited possibilities, we wanted to have an astronomy night to symbolize how unlimited the possibilities are for libraries,” Heldebrandt said.

Telescopes and viewing supplies will be available for use at the beginning of the night, she said.

The event is free and everyone is invited to attend.

She said in case of bad weather, the event will be rescheduled, so anyone who is planning to attend should check Booth library’s website for more information.

During the week, the library will also be hosting its annual spring book sale from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday near the clock tower of Booth Library.

“There will be a large selection of books in many different subjects” Heldebrandt said.  “All of the books were donated by members of the community. The proceeds from the sale will be used toward the enhancement of the library.”

An awards reception for the winners of Booth Library’s 2015 Awards for Excellence in Student Research and Creativity will be from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Wednesday in the Room 4440 of the library. The library advisory board hosts this reception.

The fifth annual edible book festival, the last event scheduled for the week, will take place at 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday in the Marvin Foyer in the library.  The festival will be a display of edible book title themes.  Although the displays are edible, people are not allowed to eat them.

Stephanie White can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected]