Tarble director search continues

Stephanie White, Entertainment Editor

Hiring the new Tarble Arts Center director is still in the works and not much information can be released to the public at the moment, said Glenn Hild, the interim dean of the college of arts and humanities.

“The campus interviews have been completed, and the screening committee reviewed their interactions with the candidates and comments of other who participated in the interviews,” he said.

The committee will now prepare a list of strengths and weaknesses for each candidate and send that to me.

“Along with that, they will forward the comments for the folks who participated in the interviews,” Hild said. “I will review the materials, make a decision and seek approval of the Office of Civil Rights and Diversity and the provost to contact the selected applicant about the position,” Hild said.

He said Provost Blair Lord will be the person to make the official offer to the selected candidate, and if they accept the position, an announcement should come after the position has been accepted.

The finalists include Peter Van Ael, from Northern Illinois University; Rehema Barber, from the University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana; Sherry Maurer, previously from Black Hawk College; and Michael Schuetz, the assistant director of Tarble.

Stephanie White can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected].