Student Senate to host Prowlin’ with the Prez

File Photo by Chynna Miller | The Daily Eastern News President Bill Perry talks with students during Pizza With the Prez Nov. 11 in Taylor Dining Hall. The event is being renamed Prowlin’ with the Prez starting this school year.

Debby Hernandez, Administration Editor

The Student Senate will be hosting Prowlin’ with the Prez sessions once a month throughout the semester starting at 4 p.m. Tuesday in the lawn area outside Greek Court.

The theme of the first session will be Panther Party with the Prez.

Shirmeen Ahmad, vice president for academic affairs, said the block-party-like event will consist of pizza and games such as football and soccer for students to participate in.

The Panhellenic and the Interfraternity councils joined the Student Senate to co-sponsor the event.

President Bill Perry will be present to socialize with students and hear out their concerns about the campus.

“Being President Perry’s last year, we want him to be able to reach out to more students,” Ahmad said.

She said the monthly event will take place in different locations around campus.

“This event will allow President Perry to move around and get to know other students,” she said. “We are hoping he gets involved and joins the games.”

Prowlin’ with the Prez will allow students to meet Perry before the end of his last term.

“We hope a lot of people come out and get to know President Perry before it’s too late,” she said.

Debby Hernandez can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].