Presidential search consultant reaches out to campus community

Debby Hernandez, Administration Editor

President Search consultant David Mead-Fox will be coming to campus to listen to input from faculty, staff and students about the search for a new Eastern president.

Faculty forums will be from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Monday and from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Tuesday. The open session for staff and students will be from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Tuesday. Both sessions will be in the Charleston/Mattoon Room of the Martin Luther King Jr. University Union.

“The forums will serve as an opportunity for the consultant to know the Eastern community,” said Joseph Dively, the chair of the Eastern presidential search advisory committee.

He said the presidential search process will be consistent with the one used in the last presidential search.

“This will be a very open process,” Dively said. “I encourage everyone to come and participate.”

Mead-Fox will come to campus to hear feedback from the campus and community as to what they are looking for in the next president, according to the university website.

Helping in the search is an international executive search firm known as Korn Ferry, which contracted with Eastern’s Board of Trustees.

Dively said Korn Ferry’s practice is focused exclusively on higher education.

Formulated by the Board of Trustees, the presidential search advisory committee is composed of 18 varied members that will be responsible for the search, determining the finalists and conducting the interviews.

The Board of Trustees will be responsible for naming the next president.

Debby Hernandez can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].