Faculty Senate to recruit members at next meeting

Debbie Hernandez, Administration Editor

At the start of the new school year, Faculty Senate will be seeking new members for their various committees.

Their meeting will take place at 2 p.m. Tuesday in the Booth Library conference Room 4440.

Positions needed for various committees will be announced.

Rebecca Throneburg, from the learning goals and general education committee will be looking for faculty members to join.

The university-naming committee will be looking for a new faculty senate member to replace Steve Scher, the previous faculty representative.

The Council on Teacher Education will also be looking to fill two positions available, which are located in College of Education and Professional Studies and Lumpkin College Business and Applied Sciences.

Teresita Hunt, the previous College of Education and Professional Studies member left the university in July and will need to be replaced.

Lucy Campanis, Associate Professor from the School of Family and Consumer Sciences will also need to be replaced for Lumpkin College and Business and Applied Sciences.

New Admissions Director, Chris Dearth will be introduced to the senate.

University response to the UPC letters will be discussed.

The department members who write the letters are required to have written peer evaluations of observed classroom teaching.

Open forums on the presidential search committee, available for everyone who wishes to attend, will be reviewed as well.

Debby Hernandez can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected]