Resonation Station rocks Morton Park

Resonation Station opened for Justin Moore on the main stage at Red, White & Blue Days.

Collin Richey, a member of Resonation Station, said the members of the band have been playing for 20 years on various projects, but have only been playing together as Resonation Station for two years.

Jordan Schilling, a member of Resonation Station, said that women are the main reason he started playing.

“Chicks, I think that’s probably the first thing that gets everybody started,” Schilling said.

Jeremy Taylor, a member of Resonation Station, said people will give other reasons for why they started playing in a band, but it is really about the women.

“Everybody will tell you other stuff, but it’s for the chicks,” Taylor said.

Richey said that individually the members of Resonation Station have been playing for 20 years.

“We’ve played as long as Willie Nelson is old,” Schilling said. Meaning that their combined playing time is equal to that of Willie Nelson’s age.

Richey said they do a lot of covers, but they make them Resonation Station songs.

“A lot of songs we do are covers, but we kind of put our own spin on them and almost kind or rewrite them a little bit,” he said.

Schilling said the thing that distinguishes Resonation Station from other bands is the four part vocal harmony.

“We try to keep a lot of four part harmonies going because that is one thing that we’ve got over even a lot of electric bands is that everybody in this band can sing,” he said.

Justin Moore, a country singer and song writer, said he started to get interested in music as a child singing in church choir.

He said he got started preforming for audiences when he joined his uncle’s southern rock band.

Moore said when he was younger he had a talent for playing baseball, but decided a music career would be better for paying the bills.

Moore said he enjoys performing at small town festivals like Red, White & Blue Days.

“I am from a small town of 300 people in Arkansas, so I love preforming at small town festivals,” he said.

Moore said his musical influences are Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings and Charlie Daniels.

Marcus Smith can be reached at 581-7942 or [email protected].

Resonation Station rocks Morton Park

Resonation Station rocks Morton Park

Justin Moore performs as the main act for Red White and Blue Days Sunday evening at Morton Park. According to the Billboard 200 Moore’s album “Outlaws Like Me” debuted at number five. (Audrey Sawyer