Luncheon offers togetherness and diversity

The International Business Club offered a chance for students to relax before finals Friday with their end of the semester luncheon.

The club has hosted the luncheon for the past three years, and this year the club met in the Lumpkin Hall Atrium at noon.

“At the end of the semester, it’s kind of like a last hurrah,” said Julianna Stevenson, the International Business Club president and senior management major. “It’s also a good experience for students, faculty and international students to meet.”

In attendance were students from Japan, Russia, Germany, Croatia, Ethiopia, Eritrea and several members of Eastern’s Master of Business Administration program, but the event was open to anyone.

“(It’s open to) any major. It’s not even so much about business, but a sharing of different people’s cultures.that’s what I like,” Stevenson said.

Stevenson also said while the luncheon usually has speakers, normally the luncheon is more conversational.

People spoke about their different experiences, especially their time spent in other countries.

“Normally we discuss different experiences country by country and share insights such as how people dress for business,” said Anci Borozan, a graduate student of the business program from Croatia.

There was a larger attendance this semester than previous years, which changed the luncheon’s format.

“We have a much larger attendance.so the dialogue is harder to maintain. I think it’s broken into much smaller dialogues,” said David Boggs, assistant professor of management and co-adviser of The International Business Club.

Borozan said the event had a good turnout and was glad they were able to get together the MBA students, International Business club, faculty and international students.

It was a good educational experience and was excellent for networking and friendship Borozan said.

Stevenson agreed with Borozan, and said especially with the approaching holidays, it is a great time for togetherness.

Seth Schroeder can be reached at 581-2812

or [email protected].

Luncheon offers togetherness and diversity

Rachel Dihle, senior business major, fills up her plate with a wide variety of international dishes during the International Business club’s luncheon. (Katie Overby