Eastern to announce new president, BOT to approve president contract Friday

Madelyn Kidd, Editor-in-Chief

The final four presidential candidates include, Jay Gatrell (left), David Brennen (top middle), Michael Godard (bottom middle), and Diana Rogers-Adkinson. (Graphic with submitted photos)

Eastern will announce the 13th president of the university on Friday at 3 p.m. in the University Ballroom in the Martin Luther King Jr. University Union.

The new president will begin on July 1 following current University President David Glassman’s retirement.

The Board of Trustees will meet during a special virtual meeting at 8 a.m. Friday prior to the official announcement and celebration at 3 p.m.

The Board will vote on the new president’s contract with a three-year term following an executive session.

The new president’s contract lists a starting annual salary of $320K and an annual housing allowance of $32,289.

The Board meeting will have an online link for viewers to watch the meeting live.

At the official announcement and celebration, the public will be able to welcome the new president.

The new president will be chosen from one of the final four candidates who recently visited campus.

The four candidates includes Eastern’s current Vice President of Academic Affairs and Provost Jay Gatrell, David Brennen a Frost, Brown and Todd professor of law at the Rosenberg College of Law, Diana Rogers-Adkinson, the provost and senior vice president of academic affairs at Bloomsburg University, and Michael Godard, the provost at the Southeast Missouri State University.

Madelyn Kidd can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected].