Eastern’s top paid employees in 2020

Corryn Brock

Eastern’s top paid employee is University President David Glassman. He makes $357,701 annually.

Luke Taylor, News Editor

Money makes the world go ‘round, even at Eastern.

National Payroll Week, the second week in September, is designated to encourage people to examine their paychecks and appreciate payroll employees.

While student employees are paid hourly, most other Eastern employees receive an annual salary.

The 10 highest paid employees at Eastern are all members of administration, according to the Illinois Board of Higher Education’s records from 2020.

At the very top of the list is University President David M. Glassman, who made $325,412 in base salary with additional compensation of $32,289.

Next is Jay Gatrell, university provost and vice president of academic affairs, was the second highest with an annual salary of $193,827.16.

Third on the list is Sean Reeder, vice president of business affairs, who made $178,500.

Peter Liu, the interim chair of the school of technology, is fourth. His base salary was $174,276, with additional compensation of $4,200.

Fifth is Austin Cheney, dean of the Lumpkin College of Business and Applied Sciences, made $176,000 with additional compensation of $3,000.

Melody Wollan, associate dean of the Lumpkin College of Business and Technology, is a close sixth with a base salary of $176,292.

The vice president of university advancement, Kenneth Wetstein made a base salary of $175,000.

Joseph Baumgart, the medical director of health services, followed very closely with his salary of $174,999.96.

Ninth on the list is John Williams, the interim department chair of the school of business, who made a base salary of $167,208 with additional compensation of $4,200.

The final person in the top 10 list is Ryan Hendrickson, the dean of the graduate school and vice provost of sponsored research, who made $166,276.30.

Luke Taylor can be reached at 58102812 or at [email protected].