Eastern providing free COVID-19 tests Tuesday

Corryn Brock, News Editor

Eastern will provide COVID-19 testing Tuesday.

Testing will take place from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at court 5 the Student Rec Center and Lantz Fieldhouse for walk up and drive thru testing respectively.

The testing is free during the clinic.

Individuals doing walk up testing should enter at the northwest doors of the Rec Center and expect socially distanced lines. Those doing drive thru testing should enter the J Lot off Grant Avenue, follow que directions, travel south on the lane between the Fieldhouse and O’Brien Field, turn the corner heading east and continue to the south entrance of the Fieldhouse.

Following drive thru testing cars will continue east past Lantz Arena and exit onto Fourth Street.

Those who are getting tested are asked to wear a mask at the site. Masks will not be provided at the test site.

For pre-registration people can go to go.eiu.edu/IDPHMobileReg and follow the following steps:

1) Enter ZIP code 61920.

2) Choose the appointment type “COVID-19 Screening.”

3) Select a time under one of the Eastern mobile testing options.

4) Those with a MyChart account with OSF Health or IDPH can enter existing login information, if a person does not have a MyChart account, they will receive an email with additional information

5) If someone does not have an email address or does not wish to create a MyChart account, they can call the IDPH results number (1-888-297-7208) for their results. If they are having trouble accessing results through MyChart, they can contact the MyChart helpline (1-800-889-3931).

According to Eastern’s website those who are being tested should bring a photo ID, an ink pen to write on your test vial, Eastern students should provide their school address to the testing staff, an insurance card, if the person being tested has one and a smart phone to register for MyChart.

Students and employees who plan to travel after they are tested should bring all necessary materials with them when traveling in case they need to quarantine in the location they travel to.

Those who are symptomatic should call Eastern’s Medical Clinic at 581-3013 to schedule an appointment. Tests at the clinic at $25.

Corryn Brock can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].