$25 tickets on sale for Luke Bryan concert

Analicia Haynes, Editor-in-Chief

Eastern students, faculty and staff can purchase discounted Luke Bryan concert tickets starting Friday for his upcoming 2018 Farm Tour.

Tickets can be purchased for $25, instead of the original $61, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday in the Martin Luther King Jr. University Union Ticket Office and will be sold up until the Sept. 28 concert or while supplies last.

Ceci Brinker, the director of student life, said there is a limited number of discounted tickets available.

Brinker said Eastern received the tickets after a ticket representative from the Luke Bryan 2018 Farm Tour contacted the Student Life Office on Thursday with a promotional ticket opportunity to sell a limited amount of the general admission concert tickets.

She said the ticket representative said the tour was reaching out to several colleges and universities in the Midwest, with the opportunity to provide the discounted general admission tickets exclusively to their communities.

“For (Eastern), it is a great opportunity to provide Luke Bryan Farm Tour fans within the (Eastern) community with a chance to purchase discounted tickets to see in concert one of the top entertainers in country music perform in East Central Illinois,” Brinker said.

Luke Bryan is a country music artist with songs like “Sunrise, Sunburn, Sunset,” “Play it Again” and “I See You.”

The concert will be at 6 p.m. at the Atkins Farm in Pesotum, Illinois and will feature DJ Rock, Peach Pickers and Chase Rice.

Paid Parking is $10.00 and will open at 2 p.m. Gates to the Concert will open at 5 p.m. with the concert starting at 6 p.m.

A valid student, faculty or staff Eastern ID is required to purchase a ticket and there will be no refunds.

For more ticket information contact the Union Ticket Office at 581-5122.

Analicia Haynes can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].