Pantherpalooza to showcase RSOs

Yifei Ma, Staff Reporter

Pantherpalooza, an event where all the different registered student organizations can come and set up a table in Grand and University Ballrooms, will take place on Wednesday from 2 to 5 p.m.  in the Martin Luther King Jr. University Union.

The event is for any student who is interested in learning about different groups on campus or who wants to have a channel of communication to get to know an organization.

Executive Vice President Zac Cohen said he hopes all students will come to the event.

“(Pantherpalooza) is for every student on campus,” Cohen said.

This activity provides an opportunity for students to figure out what is on campus, especially freshman who are new to Eastern and want to make more friends to start a new life on campus, Cohen said. 

Whether students favor athletics, academics, politics or something else, they could potentially find a group that matches their specific interests.

Student Body President Rebecca Cash said she recommends all students stop by the event.

“There’s no requirement for students to go to  Pantherpalooza. (But) it’s the quickest, easiest and best way to see everything that Eastern has offer,” Cash said.

There are over 200 RSOs on campus this year and around 130 clubs are going to be at Pantherpalooza, she said.

To create a registered student organization, the interests of the Eastern students must be taken into account, and anyone interested may turn in a completed application to the student government.

All RSOs must also be recognized by the university to be official.

Cohen said every semester Pantherpalooza is like a “fantastic beginning” for students.

He said campus is like a new home for students, and Pantherpalooza can help them create a new family.

Joining an RSO can add to a resume, establish networking and create new relationships, all of which let a campus life become more colorful, he said.

Cohen said Pantherpalooza is important for students of all ages.

“Whether you are new student or you have been here for a couple years, I think it will be a great thing even if you just come walk around for five or ten minutes,” he said. “Maybe you will find something new for you.”

Cash said even students unwilling to get involved on campus should stop by for a little bit.

“Just go.” Cash said. “Whether you have no intention of joining anything, you’ll never know. You could surprise yourself.”

Yifei Ma can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected].