Students unwind, get ready for break with UB event

Jordan Boyer

Face painter Britt Dodd paints senior special education major Holly Sosamon’s arm at the the University Board’s “Air Fair” event in the bridge lounge of the Martin Luther King Jr. University Union Thursday afternoon.

Lauren Barr, Contributing Writer

College students were able to re-live childhood fun at Air Fair, hosted by the University Board Thursday in the Bridge Lounge of the Martin Luther King Jr. University Union.

Jody Nord makes balloon animals for students at the UB Special Events Air Fair Thursday afternoon.
Jordan Boyer

Members of the UB prepared for Air Fair by setting up tables with stations of balloon animals, face painting and carnival-themed foods such as funnel cake and a popcorn machine.

Sienna Mark, a sophomore management major and the secretary of the UB, said she enjoyed seeing everyone happy.

“It’s just a fun rush hour event that is put on to brighten up people’s day and create a nice send-off before students go home for break,” Mark said.

Mark said future events are in the making for the UB.

“My committee specifically does larger events,” she said. “We’ve done Welcome Back Weekend, (Family Weekend) and we’re even having an ice skating rink later the week after break.”

Megan Kiselewski, a sophomore middle education major, said she loved how the event brought out the child-like side of each student.

“That’s something we all strive to be like,” she said.

Lauren Barr can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected]