Spring fest to host events

Cam'ron Hardy, News Editor

The 2023 spring fest returns with multiple events scheduled from Thursday to Saturday.

Events on Thursday are scheduled from 12 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

On Thursday, From 12 p.m. to 12:30 p.m., the 2023-2024 season announcement.

There will be outdoor food and artist vendors including Sacks Food Truck, House of Brisket, AR Chimney Cakes, Donut Dollies Mini Donuts and more.

Performances will be held at such as a a blue note sextet from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m., a jazz lab combo from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. and a Xanadu cast performance from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.

The Fairview performance will be held at 7:30 p.m. in the Black Box at Doudna Fine Arts Center.

On Friday, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., indoor art booths and consignment will be held in Doudna Fine Arts Center.

Outdoor food and artist vendors will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

From 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., general music and karaoke will be held in the outdoor stages of Doudna.

From 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., “The Vehicle” readings will be held at the outdoor stages.

Musical performances will take place from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.

Children’s author Michelle Nelson Schmidt 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. will visit in the lecture hall.

Wind symphony and guest high school performance will take place at 7:30 p.m. in the Dvorak Concert Hall.

Also at 7:30 p.m., Fairview will be performing in the Black Box.

Saturday, there will be outdoor vendors from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.

The Littlest Dancer will take place in The Theatre from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.

Hello Dali “Spring Fest Funnies” will take place on the outdoor stage from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.

From 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., art and science activities for kids will take place.

Children’s author, Michelle Nelson Schmidt, will be present from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the Lecture Hall in Doudna.

From 4 p.m. to 5 p.m., “Pirates! The Musical” performance by Jefferson Elementary Chorus will take place on the outdoor stage.

General music and karaoke will take place on the outdoor stage from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.

Fairview will be shown in the Black Box at 7:30 p.m.

Cam’ron Hardy can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected].