What is Chick-fil-A without their waffle fries?

Ava Meyer, Reporter

Chick-fil-A has been out of waffle fries for weeks.  (Ashanti Thomas)

For weeks, Chick-fil-A has been out of their waffle fries which has caused students to post on their social media and create controversy across campus.

Chick-fil-A has been a dining option since 1982 in the Martin Luther King Jr. University Union.

One of Chick-fil-A’s main sales are their waffle fries. The waffle fry machine being down has caused an uproar throughout campus.

Anna Snyder, a freshman nursing major said, “I eat at Chick-fil-A to get waffle fries, not a sandwich. The waffle fries are my favorite thing to get at the Union. It makes me sad to not be able to get them and not know when they will be back.

Chick-fil-A employees responded to the “It’s broken, we’re waiting on a part.” When I would ask what part of the machine they were waiting on, there was no response.

Fred Torres, a junior construction management major said,“It hurts me knowing I can’t have fries with my meal. I am very upset that nothing is being done to get it fixed.”

Fred went on to talk about how many of his friends were also upset with the fact that the fry machine has been broken for so long. He mentioned how many people post about their anger regarding this topic on their Snapchat stories and Yik Yak.

He noted that he was tired of not being able to fully enjoy his meals and he was going to stop going there altogether if this doesn’t get fixed soon.

Fred’s reaction was very similar to many other students on campus. The union workers refused to make a statement on when the fry machine will be up and running, or if it will ever be back to normal.

Throughout campus and social media, this topic was talked about daily. Students went to the union everyday to check and see if there were fries readily available. For weeks they had no luck. The longer the issue continued the more emotion was brought out.

Ava Meyer can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected].