ILCM hosts Palentine’s Party

Christina Holman

The Immanuel Lutheran Campus Ministry, ILCM, hosted a Palentine’s Party on Wednesday. The event took place in the ILCM Student Center from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Christina Holman, Campus Junior Editor

This event included games, conversations, and refreshments.

As the night went on, students were seen socializing and immersed in the games being played.

Brooke Johnston, a senior hospitality management major, gave more insight on the purpose of this event.

“It’s supposed to be celebrate your friends,” Johnston said. “So we invite people here, play games and stuff. I do chocolate covered strawberries every year which is nice.”

Johnston also talked about the success of this event and how the ministry has helped her develop her leadership skills.

Johnston stated, “I feel like it’s pretty successful. This is so far a pretty good turnout [since] we’re not a large ministry but sometimes we get people that show up to events like this.”

Johnston feels like the ministry gave her “a nice, strong group of friends” and “also helped me grow as a leader”.

Students were seen being immersed in conversation and eating snacks before the main event.

Khori Banks, a senior marketing major, attended this for the first time.

“I had fun and met new people.” Banks said.

Banks went on to say how his favorite thing about this event was playing pool beforehand.

Towards the end of the night, they also played several other games including a variety of Jackbox games and gave out treats for those in attendance.

Will Bryan, a junior computer science major, who’s also a part of ILCM talked about how this event brought people out.

“We’ve been working to bring in new people this semester,” Bryan said. “And I’ve personally really enjoyed getting to meet a wide variety of students.”

Bryan also mentioned how it was enjoyable even though they are a tight night group on Eastern’s campus and managed to work through that during and after COVID.

Bryan said, “During COVID, we had even smaller attendance, so it’s been great to see more people swing by this semester.”

More information about Immanuel Lutheran Campus Ministry you can visit their website at https://www.ilcm.info/ . 

Christina Holman can be reached t 581-2812 or at [email protected].