Residence halls, dining to close for Thanksgiving break

Drew Coffey, Campus Reporter

Many students will pack their bags and travel home as Eastern will not hold classes all next week to celebrate Thanksgiving break. Due to the holiday, many on-campus buildings and services will be closed, or hours will be different.  

Residence halls and Greek Court are requesting students to be out of their dorms for the holiday by 6 p.m. on Friday. However, if students wish to stay in their dorms during Thanksgiving, they will have to pay a fine of $90 for all or any parts of the break.  

Residence halls and Greek Court open back up at 1 p.m. on Nov. 27.  

The dining halls, which include Taylor Hall, Thomas Hall, Stevenson Grill, and Stevenson Deli, will be closed all next week opening back up on Nov. 28.  

The University Food Court, located in the Martin Luther King Jr. University Union, will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, but closed starting Monday and will not reopen until Nov. 28.

Within the MLK Jr. Union, the EIU Bookstore will be open on Monday and Tuesday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. during the week.  

Java Beanery & Bakery will be closed for the week along with the EIU Bowling Lanes.  

The Eastern Recreation Center will also be closed starting Saturday and will remain closed until Nov. 26.  

Booth Library will be closed Saturday and Sunday.  

It will be open on Monday and Tuesday of next week from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. After Tuesday, the library will be closed until Nov. 27 from noon to midnight.

Classes and regular hours for buildings and services will resume on Nov. 28. 

Drew Coffey can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected].