English Club to host Mad Hatter Tea Party

Katja Benz, Campus Reporter

The English Club will be hosting their annual Mad Hatter Tea Party Thursday from 6 t0 7 p.m. at the campus pavilion. All are welcome to attend.

Angela Vietto, the English Club adviser and chair of the English department, says that during the event, there will be snacks for attendees. There is also a crazy hat competition at the event, as well as another activity. The planned activity at this year’s event is creative writing prompts, according to Vietto.

Makenna Boyd, senior English language arts major and English Club president, says that the event “was started a few years ago as a way to recruit new members but also just to have fun.”

Boyd adds that attendees should bring  something to drink with them.

Boyd said they are hosting the event as a “way for us to meet new people who are interested in reading, writing, and anything English and tell them about the club.”

Vietto says that this is a “time for them to get together.”

“We hope that people will have, enjoy some snacks, and learn more about English Club. We would love to have some more members this year.”

There are other events English Club is planning for the school year, such as a scary story bonfire night and an open mic night at The JAC, or Jackson Avenue Coffee.

English Club is a student organization where those who enjoy reading literature can discuss their favorite stories and poems and write their own works of writing. It is an organization that encourages students to explore the world of literature.

Boyd says that “you do not need to be an English major to join. Everyone is welcome.” If anyone is interested in joining English Club, they meet Thursdays at 6 p.m. over Zoom.

Katja Benz can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].