CAA to meet Thursday, vote on revised course, minor

Corryn Brock, News Editor

The Council on Academic Affairs vote on a revised minor and course during its meeting Thursday at 2 p.m. via Blackboard Collaborate.

The revisions for the Business Analytics minor include revising the number of required hours from 21 to 18 hours, remove BUS 3500 from the required courses and BUS 3950 from elective courses, add MIS 3000 and MIS 3060 to elective courses and revise the number of semester hours that can be counted toward the minor can be double-counted with another minor or major from 15 hours to 12 hours.

The reasoning for the change is that “with the development of the new major in Business Analytics and Information Systems, we are able to offer new courses for the minors in Business Analytics as well. With those new course additions to the minor, we are able to reduce the number of required hours to 18 to focus on more Business Analytics context without additional burden on the students.”

The course revisions that will voted on are for HTM 2700, The Hospitality Industry.

The course is being revised because the “course has not been revised since 2007. The program is no longer housed in a School of Family and Consumer Sciences, and language in the most recent revision referenced FCS. This revision includes more career readiness content.”

Lu Ding, an instructional designer in the Faculty Development and Innovation Center, will also lead a discussion on online/hybrid delivery mode options during the meeting.

The council will also discuss the credit/no credit option for Fall 2020 and the upcoming Faculty Senate grading scheme.

Eleven items will also be added to the agenda for the next meeting and eight executive actions will be voted on during the meeting.

Corryn Brock can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected]