2 movies to be shown Saturday for Homecoming

Kyara Morales-Rodriguez, Staff Reporter

The University Board’s Homecoming Committee will be hosting a Drive-In(side) Movie Night on Saturday, Oct. 3.

The event will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Martin Luther King Jr. University Union.

At this event, they will be showing two movies, one at the Union’s Grand Ballroom and the other at the University Ballroom.

The movies selected for the night, “Mean Girls” and “Back to the Future,” providing members of the Eastern community with two different types of movies for their enjoyment.

At the movie night, attendees will also have the opportunity to win Homecoming prizes and giveaways.

Free refreshments like soda and popcorn will also be provided for the night.

Holly Olson, junior business management student and University Board Homecoming Chair, explained that this event was chosen because it would be a fun way to celebrate Homecoming Week together while still following the safety guidelines set by Eastern to prevent the further spread of COVID-19.

Due to the guidelines, this homecoming event will run on a first-come, first-serve basis until full capacity is reached. Olson explained that attendees will have to pre-register online in order to attend the event.

The registration link can be found on Eastern’s online Homecoming 2020 event listing.

“We have to have a limit coming in and out of the ballrooms for social distancing purposes,” Olson said.

She said that attendees will be expected to remain six feet apart throughout the entire night.

Signs will be provided throughout the ballrooms to notify people how to properly follow social distancing guidelines.

“Students will be expected to stay six feet apart the entire time, so when they are waiting in line to check in or waiting in line for snacks,” Olson said. “Masks will also be required to be properly worn covering the nose and the mouth at all times.”

The movie night is the last event scheduled for Homecoming  Week this year.

Kyara Morales-Rodriguez can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].