Homecoming Committee meets online

Elizabeth Taylor, Associate News Editor

With many Homecoming plans still yet to be finalized, the Homecoming Committee held a virtual meeting Tuesday night to share possible events.

Homecoming week will almost definitely include virtual competitions with prizes, as well as bowling, which was a popular event last year.

Bowling will require advanced sign-ups to make sure the event follows social distancing protocols.

This year, Civic Engagement has exchanged the usual Socktober Drive event out for a toy drive which RSOs can participate in.

A Homecoming court will still be crowned this year, though the process will have to be adjusted.

The court will also be limited to king, queen, prince and princess, eliminating the faculty and little prince and princess positions.

Applications will be available online on Wednesday, and will be due on Monday the 28th.

A Zoom meeting for the candidates will be held on Tuesday the 29th, and then the candidates will be allowed 24 hours to campaign.

The campaign period will also be the voting period.

Rather than a typical interview process, candidates will be required to write an essay as part of their applications.

Thirty percent of the overall score for each candidate will come from the student body’s vote, ten percent will come from the application itself, and 60 percent will come from the score on the essay, which will be judged blindly.

The homecoming court will likely be revealed in a video on social media.

Elizabeth Taylor can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected]