Drag show coming to Eastern Thursday

Bryce Herrin, Contributing Writer

Student performers are putting on a drag show full of entertainment and laughter Thursday at 7 p.m. in the Grand Ballroom of the Martin Luther King Jr. University Union. 

Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. and the show is set to start at 7 p.m. 

Tickets for the show are $5 per person, unless attendees show up in EIU Pride gear, then admission will be $3 each.

Jovan Williams, president of EIU Pride, said the theme for the show this semester is movies. Students can expect to see the performers relate to some of their favorite movies. 

Williams said the show consists of all students. 

He said some of the performers will be high schoolers, but the majority are students on campus.  

Williams encouraged all other students to come and enjoy what the drag show has to offer. He said he was a former performer as well. 

Williams said that the drag show will be full of fun and lots of laughter.

“(There will be) lots of laughing and lots of shenanigans,” Williams said. “Hootin’ and hollerin.” 

Williams said students should come out and support not only their fellow classmates, but also other Eastern students they may not have any classes with. 

“Go and support your friends,” he said. 

Williams said students are encouraged to enter the drag show with an open mind. 

He said the performers are looking to bring excitement and entertainment to the audience.

“Let go of all thoughts, feelings and expectations,” Williams said. “Just go and have a good time.” 

Bryce Herrin can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].