Women deserve the right to choose

Corryn Brock, News Editor

Women deserve the right to choose whether they want to take on a puppy.

Puppies are difficult to take care of; they need a lot of attention, and some women may not be prepared to raise one.

They are cute and all, but when it comes down to it, no woman should be forced to go through the pain and stress of waiting for that puppy to be born.

Especially alone.

I mean who wants to go through all the drama of finding out you have got to adopt a puppy just to find that the guy you were hanging out with a few weeks ago who signed you up to adopt said puppy is nowhere to be found?

That would really suck, right?

And then to top it all off, you have got this dog that you were not expecting and are not ready for in your house for the next several years.

As the years go on, you are taking care of this puppy who does not get enough attention and starts causing problems at doggy daycare. You can never seem to find the money to take care of it, and you have no support to help you out when times get tough.

Women should be allowed to choose if adopting a puppy is for them and at what point in their life they will be ready to adopt.

If they get signed up for adopting when they are not ready, they should be able to back out without fear of being judged or being blocked by law from backing out.

Oh, and while I am at it, that goes for children too.

Corryn Brock is a sophomore journalism major. She can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected]