Don’t procrastinate, finish the year strong

Megan Keane, Columnist

With the end of the semester vastly approaching, we’re all slumped with the papers we’d been warned with in our syllabi and the final exams we’ve been dreading.

Some of us are just starting to think about cracking our books open, and some are only worried about when they’ll be able to return theirs.

I always find myself stumped by how quickly the spring semester goes by, and that may be because the promise of summer vacation becomes all too real.

With my English degree that I’m working on, I’ve presently begun organizing the portfolios I have to turn in and the novels I have to revisit in preparation for my final exams.

I’ve got to track quotes from several books and other sources to finish both my six- and twelve-page paper.

I also have to refresh my mind on the concepts of several novels I’ve read over the course of this quick semester.

I’m sure a lot of the students are engaging in similar practices.

A lot of you guys are studying for practicals and stressing and not sleeping.

The best thing we can do for ourselves during this difficult time is take care of ourselves.

Make sure you’re taking at least some part of your day to do something for you. But don’t procrastinate (I know, way easier said than done, but.) Don’t add that pressure to yourself.

Engage in brain numbing behaviors: we deserve a break.

We’ve all worked hard, and we must continue to work hard (unfortunately), but don’t stress yourself too much.

Keep in mind that you’re doing your best, and no matter what your final grades end up being, you did the best that you could.

Your best is good enough.

I can’t even begin to imagine my next semester, but I’m definitely tasked with it.

The fall semester promises career preparation in the form of an internship for myself, and I’m very excited.

And nervous—I’m super nervous.

At the same time, I’m especially grateful for the opportunity to intern in my field of study. And the spring semester of 2020 promises graduation.

It’s so close, I can’t believe it.

To those of you with senioritis: I feel you as I’ve already begun to check out, and I commend the graduating class of 2019 for their immense efforts toward their degrees.

You guys did it, and I’m so jealous you’re done.

I look up to you all and your success is driving me to strive toward my own goals. I can’t wait to graduate next fall.

Let’s finish this semester strong, panthers!

Megan Keane is a senior English and psychology major and can be reached at [email protected].