Dean search: Lumpkin College of Business and Technology

Stevie Watson, the former dean of business at Edgewood College in Madison, Wisconsin, was the first candidate to be interviewed for the dean of Lumpkin College of Business and Technology Thursday afternoon in the Martin Luther King Jr. University Union. Watson talked about his vision for the university position. Some of the things he stated about his vision were to uphold excellence, value personal relationships and work on the accessibility of an Eastern education and the opportunities it creates. He also envisioned providing service to the community, region, state and world. He also expressed an interest in broadening the business and technology curriculum by developing more studies for artificial intelligence and business analytics. “I believe in democratic form of leadership. It’s important to listen to people, it is important to learn from others, it is important to incorporate our ideas and share our ideas. Its also important to give credit where credit is due,” Watson said during the interview, “I think it’s important for a leader, at least from my take, you share successes and you accept the blame.”

Jordan Boyer

Jordan Boyer

Jordan Boyer

About the Photographer
Jordan Boyer, Photo Editor

Hi I’m Jordan Boyer and I am the photo editor and former editor-in-chief at The Daily Eastern News. I am a senior history major and journalism minor....