Thanksgiving Tips: What to bring home, bring back during break

Analicia Haynes, Editor-in-Chief

Thanksgiving Break is a great opportunity to do absolutely nothing. It’s a glorious thought thinking about not doing anything and taking a break from classes and school in general (and even the roommate who may be becoming a tad bit annoying).

But, as great as the week sounds, there is some type of responsibility we should all take up and that’s packing up all our lightweight, warm weather clothes and bringing back burly coats and wool socks.

Unfortunately, winter came early this year and this break couldn’t come at a better time. So while you’re packing for a week away from campus, here are a couple of things you should take back home and some winter fashion items to bring back to campus.

The first thing you should do is clean out your closet in your dorm or apartment.

When you clean out your closet, you want to look for things that you know you’re not going to be able to wear in the cold. These include shorts, Capri pants, sandals, crop tops, anything that won’t keep you warm.

On a side note, you should also bring home accessories that you will not wear anymore and items that are collecting dust on your shelves like your Halloween decorations.

The long haul back to campus is the worst feeling in the world, but at least you’ll be bringing back some Black Friday steals or a beautiful winter wardrobe that will make you stand out in the snow as you walk around campus.

Some of the items you should bring back are more obvious: coats, heavy jackets, scarves, gloves, hats or ear muffs, the list goes on.

The one recommendation I have is to invest in warm, thick socks and a pair of winter boots. You can go crazy with the style of socks that you get and you can match them with an outfit too, but the important thing to remember is that they keep your feet warm and dry.

When my feet get cold, it’s hard to warm them up again, so if that happens to you, there’s one way to avoid it.

Have a great and safe Thanksgiving and have fun picking out a new winter wardrobe.

Analicia Haynes can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].