Improv group to perform ‘When Hello Met Dali’ Friday

Mercury Bowen, Entertainment Reporter

The improv comedy group Hello Dali! will be performing their annual Homecoming alumni event at 9 p.m. on Friday in The Globe at the Doudna Fine Arts Center.

President Alyssa Hilbert said this year’s show is taking Hello Dali! back to its origins.

“The title this year is ‘When Hello Met Dali,’” Hilbert said. “(The title is) kind of in tribute to how it all began and the starting of Hello Dali!”

The show will feature alumni who were members of Hello Dali! as well as those who are new to the group.

“It gives us a chance to see how things were done in the past,” Hilbert said. “(We get to) see what games we’ve forgotten about or what games their group in particular really liked or really enjoyed and was good at.”

Hello Dali! member Jagoda Szostakiewicz said not only do the alumni perform with the current members, they sometimes take the time to help set up for the show.

“It’s just a fun time with (the alumni),” Szostakiewicz said. “They’re just so energetic, and they still love Hello Dali! as much as the current members do.”

Last year’s event saw eight Hello Dali! alumni return for the show, and Hilbert said she is hoping for a good turnout for Friday’s show as well. Hilbert said the show will likely last up to two hours.

“(The show) will end when we’re all kind of tired out,” Hilbert said.

One reason for students to see the show, according to Szostakiewicz, will be the sense of community.

“I think it’s a great way to bring community together and see past students from EIU coming together with current students,” Szostakiewicz said. “Alums are such a big part of our community even to this day.”

Mercury Bowen can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].